Thursday, May 27, 2010

Punishment can pay off!

2 posts in the same day, ugh. 2 good things happened to me since this morning.

1. The grade 4 afterschool class has been cancelled! Now I'm actually sad about this, but it's Friday. I'll take a break when I can get it!

2. The grade 4 kids 수현, 제현, and 한별 felt it their duty to come into my class and inform me that it was "time for lunch time". 제현 just stood there rubbing his belly saying "Me hungry". You'd think after drilling him for almost 2 years to say "I'm" that he would have picked it up by now but no dice. The other teachers told me his English is better than his Korean. At first I simply thought they were being nice, then they told me he was from China (Again I didn't believe it because the day before he couldn't find Beijing on a world map). But the kid tries! He's the first one to speak whatever random bullshit I had to teach the day/week before.

I guess a lot of teachers feel they have the "best" students ever, mine try their best... And that's better than being little English wiz kids in my books!! I feel sorry for the teachers who have little shithead students. They just didn't get lucky I guess.

성훈 just walked in, dropped off his bag, gave me the thumbs up, said "Very good" and left. If I'm ever feeling burned out, or run down these kids always find a way to make me happy again!

DAD GET ON MSN!!!@#!

No comments: