Sunday, June 20, 2010

Argentina wins, I lose!

Lots to say today, I might actually post twice... Lame?!

Thursday... Ever really look forward to an enjoyable evening only to have it blow up in your face? I know bunk about soccer, but I had a suspicious feeling Argentina was going to destroy Korea. !@# $@# was all pumped for the game, we decided that we'd watch it in 똥꼬 (literally means Asshole). I enjoy their bamboo booze, it tastes like cider, you get a ton of it for 4$, and it doesn't drop me like soju... Boy was I wrong?!

1 hour before the game, @#$ @#^ is shitting bricks (practically giving herself a heart attack). She's talking about having a feeling Korea is going to beat Argentina... So much for rationality!?

2 minutes into the game I knew Korea was going to be annihilated by Argentina, they couldn't maintain possession, they couldn't pass, they were children playing against men. $@# !@~ decided that drinking was a good way to cope with the stress of Korea getting their asses handed to them, so we ended up switching to soju... Long story shot, we ended up shitfaced at my home argueing about god knows what for 3 hours... Damn you Argentina?!

School sucked the next day, I try not to drink on weekdays as I actually respect my job and act professionally. Anyhow, I get a pass for being hungover that day because the rest of the schoolteachers were equally angry and hungover. I figured &$ @#% n me were through, but she appologized for going mental (she really was) and we just spent the weekend together relaxing and watching 3rd rock from the sun. I have absolutely NO money until I get paid, so when she suggested we go to a ShabuShabu restaurant, I countered with Kimbap... Cheap bastard?!

_________________________ANYHOW_____________________

My classes seem to be cancelled today for some unknown reason. At least 3 of them seem to be, I'm sure I'll be teaching grades 1,2 & 3 afterschool but that's just gravy. The kids have learned "How are you?" like little pros, and I didn't teach them that lame ass "I'm fine thank you, and you?" robot shit. They say "I'm very good" "I'm so hungry" (if it's before lunch time), "Not bad" (instead of fucking so-so). My students will get an imaginary punch in the face if they ever use so-so... Bad Teacher?!

Grade 3 is a different story, 지윤 is still making my class a nightmare. I'm not exactly sure how to deal with a student quite like her. We even have a new grade 2 student 소리, whom I was told hasn't smiled or spoken above a whisper since she began 1st grade. After a week I've got her singing and talking like the rest of my kids. I'm not going to give up. There's gotta be a way, and if there isn't a way I'll just have to do what I can to make the best of it... Resistance is futile!?

No comments: