Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weekends, Temples and Soccer

That's right, I said soccer. I teach my children about soccer, and they like to play soccer. I'm Canadian so i just go with what I've said all my life... ANYHOW?!

Watched the first game with @#$ $@! at a park near my place. Some newly minted politicians decided to set up a big screen as thanks to those who "voted" for them. It was quite nice! The Chopsticks joined us in watching S.A play to a draw. There was an entire pig being slow roasted on a BBQ made from 2 barrels split apart then welded together to form a MEGAQ, but you got such a small amount for 30$ it made me cry... RIP OFF!?

A grade 4 student 소연 just walked into class with a hangmans noose, and board eraser. She asks "Where do you live?" --- I thought she liked my class!!

We watched Korea beat Greece the following night at the same place. This time (obviously) it was packed with hundreds of Koreans. We had a little spot picked out, drank coffee and watched the game. I enjoyed it, but I know jack shit about soccer so I just went "ooo" when something good or bad happened. Oh, I also jumped up and cheered when Korea scored (didn't wanna slow the party).

We spent the weekend at my place (this time she told her mom she was staying in 섬연 with a friend) , it was awesome. Saturday we drove to Tongdosa temple and spent the afternoon walking around taking pictures and stuff. I love doing shit like that with someone! A real girlfriend is 10x more fulfilling than just some random chick you meet for a short dance in the forest... Whatchoo talkin 'bout SFP?!

Thanks to a great weekend, I've managed to do the impossible and shake off the mid-term funk I was in. I'm rocking my classes, well all except the grade 3 class. Those girls are stonefaced killers, especially 지윤. She's like possessed of the devil or something, she just sits there mumbling and making mean faces. She was so sweet last year too, I wonder what happened. Oh well can't win em all over!... LOVE ME DAMNIT?!

I've got 2 classes left today, gonna be no problem getting through them. Only question left on my mind is what to do after I'm done!... hmmmm?!

No comments: