Thursday, June 10, 2010

Midterm Blues

That's right, I'm kind of in a funk at school. It usually starts mid-late June and lasts until camps start...

The weather is just too fucking awesome, the beaches crying out for my attention, and I still haven't figured how to switch the system from heat to air conditioning (not that I use the A/C much anyhow). During this time I get tired of the same old shit I've done over the past 3 months. The only thing I enjoy doing now is planning the summer camps for the coming break, of which I have 3 this year... Vacation stealing Cocksuckers?!

After camps have finished, and I get my meager vacation, the batteries have been fully regarged and I'm ready to get back to the job with a vengeance.

This year we're doing a neat little lesson on 'Parachutes'. I'm going to have a little contest after for each team, involving a die cast metal soldier figurine, and maybe we'll send fido into the atmosphere as well but I'm Not sure yet. Fido will be plastic and much lighter than G.I Jeong, after they've designed and completed their 'chutes it's up to the roof to lauch our army. We'll combine the descent time for their 2 drops, and the team with the overall slowest descent time wins. Despite the low speaking level of my students, there's so much useable English I can teach them with this I'm having a hard time figuring out how I wanna do it!

Mini olympics, Cake decorating, Shoebox dioramas, Phonics, and making a movie are also on the agenda for this year. I'm a little bit annoyed that my new VP is a pussy and refuses to give me any of the perks I had last year (lots of extra time off, no desk warming etc...) but whatever. I enjoy my job, and the students make me happy... SFP 화이팅?!?!

OH Noes not another one...

So I should probably start taking bets on how long this new girl and I will last. It has potential, but then again I say that often enough! We've spent entirely too much time together since we've met. It could also burn out as fast as it started up, which I hope doesn't happen. It's strange, because she was the one instigating everything, I just kinda rode her wave (nice wave!!)... REAL nice wave?!

I hope I get to see her tonight, otherwise we'll probably meet up in 광알리 tomorrow for some KOREA vs. GREECE madness. Sorry to all you Greeks out there but Korea is going to smash you. I'm really looking forward to Argentina vs Korea. That will be a wild game I'm sure, I told my students I think Argentina will win... they got pissed!

Oh the stories I have about @#$ @#$ and me from last week... !?:)?!

No comments: